Thursday, March 11, 2010

What is going on

Well it has been a long time since I have written on here. I got to the lowest point in my life since I have last posted and now things are better but I am hurting. Let me explain. I love God. In my life there is no more important force on guiding my decisions, my lifestyle, and my life in general. In fact for the past 10 years or so I have even gone as far as to seek out this call I feel on my life to serve him in ministry to the exclusion of almost anything else. However, I now feel as if there has been little to no help coming the other way. In fact it almost seems at times that I am being worked against in this process.

Now with that being said let me elaborate. Next to God and my family I love music. I really feel that music ministry is the path that God is leading me to fulfil the call he has on my life. But I have no training, no instrumental ability, and no opportunity to serve as I feel I should. Now what I do have is a love of music, 10-15 years of experiance (volunteer), and this real drive to serve God.

Let me give an example of how I feel being worked against. I was finally doing it. I was the choir director at a church in Bowling Green, KY. I feel I was doing a good job in fact I have since talked to the forces that be and I was doing a good job. However, I was replaced by someone who had training. He went to school for music, taught music, and directed other choirs. I felt defeated for a long time. Now I have been looking for ministry opportunities and there seems to be nothing for someone with a resume like mine. Well if anyone reads this please pray for me as I look for God's guidance and strength for me not to give up.

No comments: